- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Spearmint
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 TBS Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb (4 4-ounce portions) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Slices Lemon
- Fresh Cilantro Sprigs
- Combine cilantro, mint, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic in a food processor fit with a metal S blade. Pulsate until the ingredients are finely chopped and combined.
- Place chicken in medium bowl with the marinade, cover with plastic and let stand in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning to rotate the chicken once.
- Coat the broiler pan with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on the broiler pan, discarding the remaining marinade, and broil for 8 minutes per side, until the thickest section of the breasts are done.
- Garnish with lemon and cilantro sprigs.
Yields 4 Servings
Furtado, Margaret M., and Lynette Schultz. “Healthy Living Cookbooks: Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery”. Beverly: Fair Winds Press, 2006.