- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 lb Sweet Potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 TBS Fresh Ginger, grated
- 12 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Frozen Apple Juice Concentrate, thawed
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 TBS Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 TBS Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place half of apples in prepared baking dish; top with half of sweet potatoes and sprinkle with 1 ½ tsp of ginger and ¼ tsp salt. Repeat layers once.
- Mix together apple juice concentrate, water, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cloves in a small bowl; pour over potatoes. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes; dot with butter. Bake, covered, until apples and potatoes are tender and apple juice mixture is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Yields 6 servings
Weight Watchers. Weight Watchers® New Complete Cookbook – 4th ed. Deborah Mintcheff. Hoboken: Wiley Publishing, Inc, 2011.