- ¼ tsp Allspice
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 1 lb Boneless, SkinlessTurkeyBreast
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 14 ½ oz Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes w/ Green Chilies, undrained
- 15 oz can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ tsp Table Salt
- 1 TBS Lime Juice
- 2 TBS Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Combine allspice, cayenne, gineger, garlic salt and ¼ tsp black pepper in a medium bowl; rub the turkey breasts and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place turkey in a 5-qt slow cooker; add any spices remaining in bowl. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, salt and remaining ¼ tsp black pepper; stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro; let sit for 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
Yields 6 servings
“Jerk Turkey Slow Cooker Soup.” Recipe. Weightwatchers.com. 2006. <http://www.food.com/recipe/jerk-turkey-slow-cooker-soup-from-weight-watchers-158611>.