- 2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 TBS chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sheets no-boil whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 10 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 oz white button mushrooms
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Coat inside of an 8” x 8” x 2” baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, basil, parsley and ¾ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Mix with a spoon and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with 2 lasagna sheets.
- Top with ½ cup of the cheese mixture; use the back of a spoon to spread evenly.
- Top with a layer of mushrooms.
- Repeat the procedure two more times.
- Place two lasagna sheets on top of the last layer.
- Spread the remaining cheese mixture and top with the mozzarella and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Raise the temperature to 425 and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
*TOTAL BAKE TIME IS 60 MINUTES
Yields 4 servings
DiSpirito, Rocco. “Now Eat This! Diet”. New York: Grand Central Life & Style, 2011.