- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ½ oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh or thawed frozen okra
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- ½ lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 (5 oz) skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 (1/4 lb) piece reduced-fat kielbasa, cut into 8 slices
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, celery, scallions and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, okra, thyme, bay leaf and cayenne; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir rice into soup; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp, chicken & kielbasa; simmer, covered, until shrimp are just opaque in center, chicken is cooked through and rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf prior to serving.
Yields 4 servings
Weight Watchers. Weight Watchers® New Complete Cookbook – 4th ed. Deborah Mintcheff.Hoboken: Wiley Publishing, Inc, 2011.