- 1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup jarred fried peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 cup jarred roasted red pepper strips (not oil packed)
- 2 TBS chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups liquid egg substitute
- 2 oz goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 475 and adjust the rack to the top third of the oven.
- Heat a 10” nonstick ovenproof pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and onion; sauté the onion until it is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, red pepper flakes, peppers and parsley; stir until combined.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the egg sub and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan; stir eggs until they begin to solidify.
- Incorporate half of the goat cheese into the eggs.
- Dot the remaining goat cheese over the eggs.
- Transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are completely and the cheese is browned.
- Remove from oven, run a spatula around the perimeter and bottom of eggs. Slide onto plate and cut into quarters. Serve.
Yields 4 servings
DiSpirito, Rocco. “Now Eat This! Diet”. New York: Grand Central Life & Style, 2011.